Fraud and Risk Management (FRISK)
The proprietary FRISK risk management system from the Fast Charge Payment Gateway provides a sophisticated suite of fraud detection and prevention options. Each transaction submitted can be filtered through a comprehensive series of fraud detection rules to determine potential risk. Configuration of these rules is under your complete control using our user-friendly Online Merchant Center administration web site.
The merchant configurable FRISK system provides solutions to security breakdowns that foster online fraud such as fictitious and free e-mail domains, accidental “double clicking” (resubmittal) of transactions, continued use of identified “bad” and “high-risk” accounts, lack of address verification to catch false addresses, and additional credit card number schemes known as “cramming.” The FRISK system is based on extensive market research and experience and also provides merchants with business intelligence to facilitate optimization of the services.
All Options Included with Zero Additional Costs!
- Negative Account Blocking – Reject transactions from known fraudulent account numbers from over 100,000 merchants already using the FRISK system.
- Cramming Protection – Prevent the use of credit card or ACH number generating schemes by limiting the number of transactions allowed from a given IP address.
- Prevent Duplicate Transactions – This FRISK(TM) feature tracks recently processed transaction to ensure the same transaction is not authorized more than once. This eliminates problems due to “double clicking” the transaction submit button that are seconds apart. While this feature is used on processed transactions, it will not prevent transactions that are submitted concurrently. It is of best practice to also implement scripting on submit buttons to previent “double click” in addition to this Frisk feature.”
- Account Number 3DES Encryption – This option allows you to enable triple DES (3DES) encryption of the account number when submitting transactions using the key. A 48 character key will be generated that you will be required to use to encrypt the account number with before submitting it to the gateway. Transactions recieved by the gateway via the API that were not encrypted with your key will be declined.
- Merchant PIN – This option allows you to configure a unique Merchant PIN password for processing transactions using the gateway API. We strongly encourage all merchants who are submitting transactions via the API to activate this service to help ensure the authenticity of transactions submitted to the gateway. This feature only applies to transactions submitted via the API. It does not affect Virtual Terminal or Batch Processing. You will need to generate a Merchant PIN, but you can choose to leave the status at “Do Not Require Merchant PIN” if you do not want transaction processing to require the PIN.
- Domain Blocking – Filter transactions by the Internet domain associated with the customer’s email address. You can block customers who claimed a charge back or are known frausters from ordering from you again.
- Country Blocking – Filter transactions by the Internet domain associated with the customer’s country code. You can add any countries associated with fraud or other countries you don’t want to accept orders from.
- IP Activity Limit – Limit the number of accepted transactions from a given IP address. Limiting the IP Limits within a specific time period will also help stop credit card cramming schemes.
- Large Transaction Notification – This feature examines the transaction amount after the transaction has been accepted. When the amount exceeds an amount specified by the merchant an e-mail is sent notifying the merchant that the amount has exceeded the threshold. The merchant can then review the transaction, refuse the sale before any products are shipped, and credit back the consumer at a later time.
- Address Verification (AVS) – AVS matches the known address information associated with the given credit card number against the billing address information provided by the user. If the information does not match, the transaction is declined. The merchant has the option of choosing the level of match required for an approved transaction.
- CVV2, CVV, CID or Card Verification Value – is a number that is printed, not imprinted, on Visa/MasterCard/Discover. This number is never transferred during card swipes and should only be known by the cardholder, the person holding the card in their hand.
- Proxy Blocking – This option controls whether transactions originating from proxy servers and computers to be known sources of fraud are blocked. When the gateway is aware of proxy servers that are known sources of fraud, the IP addresses are added to our base level of blocked IPs.
Proxy servers act as an intermediate and are used to hide the true source of a transaction. Such servers are legitimately used to surf the Internet anonymously, but they are also frequently used to commit online fraud. Some proxy servers are from commercial services, but most are home computers or business systems that have been compromised and are being abused without the owner’s knowledge.
- Reject Free Email Address – checks the e-mail address of the consumer against a database of free e-mail providers. Transactions in which the email domain of the consumer is in this database are declined. Need more information? Our experienced customer service representatives can step you through the process and answer any questions you have about processing payments on your web site. Click here to contact them
- Restrict Transaction Source – This option allows you to restrict transaction processing to only those transactions that originate from servers that you specify via IP address or domain name.
- Brute Attack Force Prevention – This feature prevents brute force credit card number attacks, even if the transactions are coming from multiple locations or using spoofed IP addresses. The number you enter is the number of similar credit card numbers within a one-hour period before transactions will get declined.
- Ship Only to Billing Address – This FRISK(TM) feature only allows transactions in which the shipping address matches the billing address. Transactions in which the addresses do not match are declined. It is recommended, for credit card transactions, that AVS be enabled allowing the verification of the billing address.
- State Blocking – This Velocity Control blocks transactions on credit cards with billing address in specified states. AVS with a minimum of ZIP match is required for this control.
- Chargeback Count – The Chargeback Count flag is thrown when the number of chargebacks exceeds the set limit for a given period.
- Test Credit Card Blocking – Certain test credit card numbers and ACH account numbers are allowed by the system so you may easily test integration or provide training for your employees. This FRISK(TM) feature enables you to decline transactions containing these test credit card numbers and ACH account numbers.
FRISK™ Management Options: Double click on the image below to view a larger screen shot of all the options you will have through your Payment Gateway account.