Integrating your System with The Fastcharge Payment Gateway
Your e-commerce goals determine the transaction processing method you will use with Online Commerce Suite. Various factors make a difference how you integrate Online
Commerce Suite with your e-commerce business, whether you offer
products or subscriptions or both. Factors include:
- Do you use Shopping Cart software?
- Did you develop your own Web site?
- Is your Web site is hosted on a secure server?
- Do you want Online Commerce Suite to calculate shipping and tax?
- Do you have your own database to track your inventory and business?
The answers to these questions determine the complexity of your integration with Online Commerce Suite. Depending on your requirements, integration can be very straightforward or may require a sophisticated understanding of HTML, CGI,
ASP or other Web technologies.
The document you’ll need to send to your web programmer is our Integration API.
Merchant Web Server
The Merchant Web Server supports the customer’s shopping and purchasing experiences. It may host its own Shopping Cart and link to the Web Link and Transaction Engine modules for payment processing.
Shopping Cart programs are used to collect customer purchase and product pricing information. The Shopping Cart program resides on the Merchant’s web server and is typically provided by a third party or ISP. Online Commerce Suite also provides a hosted shopping cart solution (the Web Link) for those merchants who do not have a shopping cart or do not want to host their own cart. The Transaction Engine uses the information collected by the Shopping Cart to determine the amount for account debit authorizations.
The Merchant connects to the Online Merchant Center module through the Internet. Using this interface, the Merchant may collect transaction, accounting, and customer information reports.
Fastcharge Online Commerce Suite System Modules
Online Commerce Suite modules accomplish the following functions:
Web Link completes the customer purchase experience by collecting payment information from the shopping cart,
- Calculating the amount to be charged, and passing this information to the Transaction Engine for processing.
- Transaction Engine processes online, batch, recurring, and membership subscription payment authorization requests.
- Transactions are processed immediately in real time or in batch. Within seconds, consumers receive an acceptance or
- Decline notification. Funds from accepted credit card transactions are deposited into your merchant bank account,
- Typically within 24 hours. Funds from accepted electronic check (ACH) transactions are deposited into your checking
- Account within six business days.
- Online Merchant Center provides Merchant account management functions, virtual terminal transaction processing, and reports.
Payment processing requires mechanisms using encryption to scramble data to protect customer payment information. Customer’s private information, especially credit card numbers and bank account numbers, are securely encrypted as they are transmitted over the Internet.
The three most common data encryption methods are:
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
- Triple DES (Data Encryption Standard).
- PGP (Pretty Good Privacy)
Certified Credit Card Processing Networks
- Card Works Processing
- Central Coast Processing
- Check21 Payment (CKSV)
- CNG Processing
- Consocio Group
- CyBrCollect Payment
- FDMS Nashville
- FDMS North
- FDR-7 (Omaha)
- Flying J
- Global e Telecom
- Global East (formerly NDC)
- GlobalPayments Central (MAPP)
- IPCommerce Host Capture
- Jack Henry (Profit Stars)
- Network One
- WireCard Asia Pacific
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) uses a public key to provide encryption between the host server and client browser and is the most secure encryption method. Many browsers including Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator support SSL encryption, but you will need to host your site on a secure server running SSL. When Internet transmissions are made via SSL, the protocol for the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) address must
As far as we know there are now over 3150 shopping carts that work with the Fast Charge Payment Gatewayâ„¢. If you need to know if a shopping cart works with the Fast Charge Payment Gatewayâ„¢ you need to go to the shopping carts gateway set up page and look for the following gateways. Since all of these gateways use the same processing module it will work with the Fast Charge Payment Gatewayâ„¢:
- Fast Charge
- Quick Commerce
- Merchant Partners
- Wonder Pay
- E-Commerce Exchange
- Pay Me Now
- Authorizenet Emulator
To determine if your shopping cart is compatible with our Authorizenet Emulator find out if you can change the Gateway URL it accesses. If you can change this to https://trans.secure-fastcharge.com/cgi-bin/authorize.cgi your cart will work with our gateway. NOTE: We haven’t found any stand alone shopping carts that won’t allow this.
The Fast Charge Payment Gatewayâ„¢ also includes a FREE basic shopping cart wizard option with each gateway license to process credit cards or online checks. The free secure shopping cart is for merchants who have a need for a basic shopping cart that can total shipping and tax charges. With the web link wizard you can generate the shopping cart code in under 1 minute and then cut and paste it to your web page. Sample Free Web Link Hosted Shopping Cart Wizard
In addition to the free cart the upgradable FastCharge Web Cart is a full featured easy to use oneline store and shopping cart that integrates easily into your existing web site. There is no software to buy or install. All you need to do is add a few “Add to Cart” buttons that link your web site to our secure server, and we take care of the rest. No additional changes need to be made to the server where your website is hosted. Click here for more information about Online Merchant Center Web Cart.
Some Compatible Shopping Carts:
- Fast Charge Free Web Link Cart
- Joomla/Virtue Mart
- The GemCart
- osCommerce Configuration Instructions
- Zen Cart Use Authnet Emulator Below
- Magento Use Authnet Emulator Below
- Commerce Weaver Pro
- Miva Merchant
- Configuration Instructions
- Fast Cart
- ProductCart Offers Hundreds of User Friendly Features
- Tek9 Pro
- Mal’s e-commerce
- Configuration Instructions
- IBiz E-Payment Integrator (IP*Works! CC ICharge)
- Configuration Instructions
- Merchant Partners Shopping Cart
We are compatible with thousands of other carts – our tech support dept. can check into a particular cart for you if necessary.
Third Party Shopping Carts
Our Network offers emulation of most gateways. This makes it easy for anyone to utilize our Transaction Processing Services with their approved shopping cart in about 5 minutes.
Because of the fact that our Transaction Processing Service is so easy to integrate, countless shopping cart developers have found that integrating our Transaction Processing Services directly into their shopping cart is a relatively trivial task even if you developed your own cart.